Monday, February 27, 2012

Gretchen Barretto reacts on shelving of 'Alta'


MANILA, Philippines – Gretchen Barretto was upset when she found out that “Alta,” one of ABS-CBN’s supposed biggest primetime offerings this year, had been canceled even before it could come out of the drawing board.

“Oo [sumama ang loob ko]. For two weeks I was grieving, Boy, alam mo ‘yon. Iniyakan ko ang proyektong ‘yon,” Gretchen, without batting an eyelash, admitted in a taped one-on-one interview with her manager Boy Abunda on “The Buzz” aired Feb. 26.

She continued, “I guess kasi na-disappoint ako dahil ang tagal-tagal ko’ng hinintay ‘yung proyekto. I believe in the project, I believe in the story, in the cast. And excited na ‘ko, handang-handa na ‘ko sa lahat.”

“Alta” was first promoted last year, and was supposed to star Gretchen, Zanjoe Marudo, KC Concepcion, Luis Manzano, Diether Ocampo and Angelica Panganiban.

“As we speak, I feel like, ‘Oh my God, I’m back to it again. I’m hurting.’

“I prepared in so many ways aside from doing workshops, nag-bonding kami ng cast, I exercised really hard for it. Nagpagawa ako ng maraming damit. Kumpleto na ang mga wardrobe namin from start to the end. That’s how I prepared. Kaya napakasakit para sa akin,” Gretchen intimated.

The actress also belied allegations claiming that she and her many demands are among the reasons the project did not push through.

“Talaga? Well, wala ‘kong demands. Actually gusto ko lang matuloy. There’s no truth to that.

“Kasi in-embrace ko na ‘yung ‘Alta’ eh. At pinromote ko na ‘yung ‘Alta.’ So ang pinakamahirap sa ‘kin [ay] ‘yung i-announce na wala ng ‘Alta.’ I really waited and I worked so hard… parang baby ko ‘yun eh,” she explained.

Meanwhile, Gretchen revealed that she has become more prayerful and thankful to God.

“I guess I realized, Boy, na kahit anong dasal mo – dinasal ko talaga ‘yung ‘Alta’ like anything and hindi binigay sa ‘kin – I learned to say ‘thank you.’

“Actually Tony [Boy Cojuangco] warned me na… Kasi sabi ko, ‘You know, ever since I started to pray, lahat ng hinihingi ko binibigay.’ And he warned me, ‘You have to stay faithful because one day He will not give you want.’

“I trust, Boy. I think ‘yan ang nabago. And that’s the best gift that I am receiving this birthday. Na knowing that I’m not gonna get everything that I want. But I know that I will be given whatever I need,” Gretchen said.

article source: mb.com.ph