Monday, May 28, 2012

Jessica Sanchez sings at Memorial Day concert, wants to visit PH soon

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Jessica Sanchez sang the US National Anthem at the National Memorial Day Concert here Sunday night, just four days after her runner-up finish in the finale of “American Idol”.

She also performed “The Prayer”, one of her signature songs during her “Idol” stint. The 16-year-old Filipino-Mexican-American told TV5′s primetime newscast “Aksyon” that she still can’t believe what she has achieved, thanks to the FOX talent show.

“I’m working on some things. Right now I’m at this event. We all worked it out, so definitely (I’m) trying to keep myself busy. I’m excited for the future,” she said.

Jessica also revealed that she has not yet traveled outside the US and is looking forward to visit the Philippines soon. Her mother is a native of Samal, Bataan.

“I grew up with grandma, and she is from the Philippines. So is my mom. She makes Filipino food,” she said.

The singer admitted she doesn’t speak Filipino but claimed she can follow the language.

source: interaksyon.com