Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Anne Curtis tops 100 Most Beautiful Stars list


Anne Curtis leads YES! Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful Stars list for 2012, the latest accolade for an actress whose career just keeps going and glowing.

Does she ever feel ugly or inadequate in the looks department?

Yes, Anne does get those bad hair days when she just can’t get the girl in the mirror to smile back at her.

“Yung feeling na hindi ako beautiful, and pangit na pangit ako sa sarili ko? Yes, it happens,” she says.

“And my make-up artist can attest to that. Kasama ang team ko, there are days talaga na kahit ano ang gawin nila, I feel na ang chaka-chaka ng itsura ko. But I guess, normal lang naman ‘yun, lalo na ‘pag napuyat ka. But once naman na na-complete ang sleep or rest ko, talagang when I look in the mirror, ang saya ko and it reflects naman. Kaya, I can say na ‘ang ganda ko today’ in the mirror. And I feel most beautiful when I am with my family and my friends.”

So what’s the secret to that glow? Apart from the fact that her love life is aglow.

“It may be a cliché, but it’s the beauty that you exude from within. Kung lahat ng nasa paligid mo maaliwalas, naki-carry ‘yun sa mga nangyayari sa ‘yo with your life, hindi ba? So, being asked what I need to do when I get into that pangit mode, hindi ko rin alam what I can advise. But what I know for sure, you need to love yourself first and take care of it. And be content with what you have. Make the most of what life offers you.”

A Box Office Queen title. High-profile projects and endorsements left and right. Now, this Most Beautiful Star crown. What else is lacking?

“I’ve done my best na to really really fulfill my dream of becoming a singer. God didn’t gift me with that. Pero since it’s my passion, talagang I prayed harder na kahit just this once lang, mapagbigyan ako ni God and nangyari naman,” she says, referring to her “No Other Concert” at the Smart Araneta Coliseum back in January.

“Kung ano pa ang kulang, siguro dance concert naman. Or sa ibang bagay, start a family. Find a husband. When the time comes, I just want to be ready sa kung ano pa ang dadating sa akin,” she adds.

Anne gives credit to the people who take care of her wardrobe, hair and makeup.

“What else is beautiful in me? Talagang I’m very thankful lang to the whole staff. Siguro lang, I was able to find a team that I was comfortable with sa mga shots or pictorials that were done kaya lumabas ‘yung gusto nila.

“And gusto ko lang naman i-pursue my dream. I was able to sing na. Sa malaking venue pa. Basta lang achieve what I want. And see what I find beautiful in myself. It always boils down to my voice,” she quips.

And without batting an eyelash, the Most Beautiful Star breaks into song, the infectious pop tune “Call Me Maybe”. As usual, everybody basks in her glow.

source: interaksyon.com