Sunday, August 19, 2012

Iza's Fil-Brit boyfriend appears on 'The Buzz'


MANILA, Philippines – For the first time, the boyfriend of actress Iza Calzado appeared on national television to greet the actress, who just celebrated her birthday last August 12.

In a taped interview with “The Buzz” aired on Sunday, Filipino-British Ben Wintle, who is also an entrepreneur and a sportsman, shared to the world how he met Calzado.



Wintle said he and Calzado were first introduced at a party of a common friend. Following that, Wintle said they went out on several dates.

Wintle said he is glad to have met Calzado because they have a lot of things in common.

“I found her interesting and we took it from there. We had a lot of things in common from the start. I like that she was really into health and fitness as I am. We work out a lot. We’ve had the opportunity of travelling and we do a lot of eating together,” he said.

Asked what gift he would give Calzado, he said: “If I could give her a really special gift, it would be the gift of more time to get more sleep and to do all the exercise that she wants to do.”

Wintle also shared his three wishes for the “Kahit Puso’y Masugatan” actress.

“First is I hope that your passion continues to lead you to more fresh and challenging projects. Second, I hope that work doesn’t keep her up so late at night because I want her to stay healthy and be around for another 30 years. My last wish is that I hope she enjoys the dinner I’m gonna cook for her tonight,” he said.

Appearing to be obviously surprised, Calzado thanked Wintle for granting that interview.

Speaking to “The Buzz” host Toni Gonzaga, Calzado also shared her personal wish for her birthday.

“Gusto ko makausap ang mga magulang ko pero since hindi naman puwedeng mangyari 'yun, gusto ko lang maging masaya kaming pamilya. 'Yung kuya ko, mayroon din akong stepbrother, mayroon din akong pamangkin. I hope that I can always be a reponsible adult for them,” she said.

Calzado also hinted that she wants to settle down in the future with the man she loves.

“I hope one day, I can be with the person who could bring out the best in me and hopefully become a good mother. Not soon kasi marami pa talaga akong gustong gawin sa career ko,” she said.

source: abs-cbnnews.com