Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Maurer never dreamt of becoming an actor


MANILA, Philippines – Thai actor Mario Maurer admitted it was never his dream to become an actor when he was younger.


During the press conference for his upcoming film “Suddenly It’s Magic” on Monday night, Maurer said he just tried his luck in show business because he wanted to earn his own money.

“When I was younger I wanted to be a businessman like my dad. When I started acting, I just wanted to find some money for my mom and I wanted to buy my own skateboard at that time. I never thought I’d be an actor so I had to learn from my teachers later on,” he said.

But Maurer said he eventually learned to love acting. However, it was not a smooth road for the 23-year-old on his journey to fame.

“The sacrifices I have to make, sometimes when I go to the mall, instead of enjoying my personal time, I have to share it with the fans. For me it’s okay. Sometimes my friends ask why but now they understand that it’s part of my job,” he said.

Despite this, Maurer said he sees himself still doing movies 10 years from now.

“Yes, of course, but not so much. Only if I have free time. I will put up a home business... I will be at home and riding my classic cars,” he said.

Maurer rose to fame for his critically acclaimed roles in the Thai films "The Love of Siam,” and “Crazy Little Thing Called Love.”

He is currently in the Philippines to promote “Suddenly It’s Magic,” which is set to hit theaters nationwide on Wednesday.

source: abs-cbnnews.com