Friday, April 11, 2014

Bradley contemplated suicide after 'dubious' win


LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Fans trooped to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) track bright and early to make sure they catch the Pacman one last time in his morning workout around the track.

One group made the trip all the way from New Jersey.

One Pacquiao supporter who traveled from Italy just had surgery and was still in a wheelchair, but didn't let that stop him from seeing the Filipino boxing superstar.

"I'm in pain but I can manage," he said. "Basta si Pacman."

Manny went through his signature shadow drills that showed just how fast he intends to be on the ring against Bradley.

Coach and good buddy Buboy Fernandez is very excited about the rematch because he sees the old tenacious Pacquiao, hungry for the win.

"Makikita mo naman sa mata ng ating Pambansang Kamao na ibang Manny Pacquiao itong haharapin ni Bradley," said Fernandez.

"Paliliguan natin siya ng maraming suntok."

Pacquiao is determined to get back his belt for country and family.

"Jimuel, Michael... I miss you guys, God Bless us. I love you very much," said Pacquiao.

Bradley also did some training, some satellite interviews, and was seen on the Playstation.

For Bradley, this is the fight he has been waiting for, to prove to boxing fans his first win against Pacquiao wasn’t a fluke.

Bradley admitted winning the first time turned out to be the beginning of the worst of his life as he received all sorts of criticisms and death threats. He was so depressed at one point, he contemplated suicide.

"I know myself as a man now, going through all the controversy. But my lowest point was I even thought about suicide. I will never take my own life, I got loved ones but it's like doing a job and not getting paid for. The worst thing that happened was the death threat… that was the last straw for me. The death threats and the letters that got sent to my home," said Bradley.

Two years later, he is actually thankful of that low point because it made him dig deep into himself.

He trained harder than ever, changed his perspective and after two wins against Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuem Marquez, he says he’s at the peak of his career.

"I know who I am. [I told myself] ‘You can comeback and you can comeback even stronger this time, you’re gonna show the world what you're made of. I fought Ruslan Provodnikov, who is a tough, tough fighter. Then I fought Marquez who knocked out Pacquiao. I outboxed him and now he's back, I'm fighting Manny Pacquiao again," said Bradley.

Pacquiao did an hour of light workout in the afternoon then stayed in his suite the rest of the evening, singing praise and leading a prayer.

Manny then had a full dinner and doesn’t see any problem for the weigh in tomorrow.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com