Thursday, April 10, 2014

What's next for Jodilly, Katarina after 'AsNTM'


MANILA – They may not have won the competition but Filipina finalists Jodilly Pendre and Katarina Rodriguez were satisfied with their performance during the second cycle of “Asia’s Next Top Model” (AsNTM).

On the sidelines of the finale episode’s viewing party on Wednesday night, both Rodriguez and Pendre noted that they gained invaluable lessons froms icons of the fashion industry during their time on the Tyra Banks-produced show.

For 21-year-old Rodriguez, what's more important is what happens to them after “AsTM.”

“You could win the competition, there's so many 'America’s Next Top Models' but their names are not like Tyra Banks or Kate Moss. They're known but they didn't make it to the actual supermodel top status. I think that's a big deal, how you handle yourself after the competition,” she said, as she vowed to continue pursuing a career in modelling.

“I invested a lot in the competition. I was crying this last episode because I was so happy that I made them proud. They put a lot of work into me. They could have easily put others in the top 3 and not me. If I don't pursue this, I'll just waste it, a segment of my life where I know I have potential,” she said.

Rodriguez revealed that she has had a hectic schedule since January, usually with four modelling jobs in a day.

Meanwhile, Pendre promised to work hard to make it big internationally.

“Hindi man ako 'yung nanalo, this is my stepping stone towards greatness. Walang makakapigil sa akin. Ina-appreciate ko ang sarili ko… Hindi man ako nanalo pero 'yung mga tao na kailanagn ko sa buhay ko, nasa tabi ko. 'Yun ang winner sa akin. I am a victor because I learned from the experience,” she said.

Pendre, who finished first runner-up, said she respects the judges’ decision, adding that what’s more important is the fact that she learned a lot from the show.

“I trust the judges and I respect them. If they think I don't deserve to win, I will always respect it. The thing is, I learned a lot in the competition. Without it, hindi ako magiging what I am now. Hindi ko matututunan yung different expressions, paano maha-handle 'yung sarili ko na ako lang,” she said.

Despite losing to Malaysia’s Sheena Liam, both Rodriguez and Pendre are thankful for the support, not just from their Filipino fans, but also from viewers in other Asian countries.

As the winner, Liam won a modeling contract with London-based Storm Model Management, among others, as "Asia's Next Top Model."

She also took home a Subaru car, a contract as the 2014 endorser of haircare brand TRESemme, a chance to appear on the covers of Harper's Bazaar Singapore and Malaysia, and SGD 50,000. - with reports from Ginger Conejero, ABS-CBN News

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com