Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Charice performs at San Diego LGBT festival


MANILA -- Filipina singer Charice performed at her first gay pride event in the US when she joined the San Diego LGBT Pride Music Festival in California last weekend.

Charice performed her own song "Louder," as well as the dance hit "Titanium," for the thousands of participants at the event, which carried the theme "Reflections of Pride."




I'm Charice, I'm a performer and I'm gay," Charice, who made headlines when she came out as a lesbian on the talk show "The Buzz" last year, told the crowd.

"First of all thank you for having me here. This is my first time and hopefully I could come back. Some of you might be wondering, 'Is that Charice?' Well to update some of you guys, first of all, I am Charice. I was discovered on YouTube. I was on 'Glee,' I was that little, well I'm still little, I was that girl with a long hair last year. June 2, 2013, I came out. It was always performing then but today performing like my real self in front of you guys, this is the best performance ever," added Charice, who was with her girlfriend Alyssa Quijano.

At the San Diego event, Charice was also reunited with her “Glee” co-star Alex Newell. She also had her photo taken with R&B singer Deborah Cox.

"Deborah and I having a little moment," Charice posted in her official Instagram account as she shared photo of her with Cox.

Charice is in the US to work on a new record, as well as a TV appearance.

The singer was also recently named one of the "30 Queer Women to Watch" by the website AfterEllen.com, which is "dedicated to the representation of lesbian/bi women in popular culture."

“Finally, I just woke up and told myself that’s it,” Charice told the website of her coming out. “I really want to be myself because I owe it to myself and I didn’t want to be depressed anymore.”

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com