Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Beauty queen admits getting body enhancements


MANILA – Miss Universe-Philippines 2014 Mary Jean “MJ” Lastimosa believes there is nothing wrong with body enhancements, admitting that she went through these herself.

In an interview on the ABS-CBN show “Tapatan Ni Tunying” which will be aired on Thursday, Lastimosa revealed that she underwent some enhancements to improve her teeth and skin.

“My teeth and skin were enhanced. I had to undergo laser treatments and the like,” she said.

“If it does not give you bad effects, I don’t think there is something wrong,” she added.

Filipinos have high expectations from Lastimosa following the Philippines’ consecutive Top 5 finishes in Miss Universe since 2010 (Venus Raj, Shamcey Supsup, Janine Tugonon and Ariella Arida).

The country also produced a number of beauty titlists in 2013 – Bea Rose Santiago won Miss International, Megan Young won Miss World, and Mutya Datul won Miss Supranational.

When asked if she feels pressured by the achievements of her predecessors, Lastimosa said: “I think it’s an advantage. I need that pressure to unleash the best in my performance.”

Aside from Lastimosa’s interview, “Tapatan Ni Tunying” will also feature “Pinoy Big Brother” ex-housemate Beauty Gonzalez, who transformed from a chubby teenager to a sexy cover girl.

“We used to eat five times a day. So when I need to lose weight, it was really a challenge. I used to cry while running. I do Crossfit, I run, I swim, bike and everything. I have to be disciplined when it comes to eating,” she said.

“Tapatan Ni Tunying” airs every Thursday at 4 p.m. as part of ABS-CBN’s Kapamilya Gold afternoon block.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com