Sunday, October 19, 2014

UFC: Silva says he'll be 100% on fight night


Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva of Brazil promised to be at 100% when he returns to the Octagon next year against Nick Diaz.

It will be Silva's first fight since breaking his left leg while fighting reigning champion Chris Weidman in their rematch last December.

"When I realized my leg was broken, I thought my career was over," Silva said, as quoted by MMA Fighting, in a recent interview.

"You might think that depression is not something serious, but I was depressed. I was very upset, and if I didn't have the people that I have by my side, maybe I wouldn't come back," he added.

Silva admitted that when he first started training again, he "didn't have a lot of strength."

"I lost some strength in my leg, which is normal, but now I'm recuperating and I'm (doing) specific work to recuperate my strength in my leg," he said.

"Every day that goes by, I'm going back to my origins and being able to kick without any fear, and I believe that on fight night, I will be 100%," he added.

Silva will fight Diaz on January 31, 2015 in what will be the main event of UFC 183.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com