Thursday, November 6, 2014

Luke Bryan Wins CMA Entertainer of the Year


Luke Bryan fans, get ready to crash his party.

"We gonna have a good time tonight!" the country star hollered after being named entertainer of the year at Wednesday's CMA Awards, adding a "woo!" to close out the show.

The "Roller Coaster" singer was nominated in two more categories (album of the year and male vocalist of the year) but picked up his sole win – and first-ever CMA award – for the biggest prize of the night.

Bryan, 38, beat out Blake Shelton, George Strait, Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert.


His speech was equal parts heartfelt and hilarious as he fought back tears and flashed his famous smile.

"First of all, I've never met Garth," he began, turning to presenter Garth Brooks. "Hey, Garth. Can I hug you again?"



 But he became somber when thanking God and his family.

"I have some angels in heaven, my brother and sister are up there making this possible for me," he said.

"To everybody in my world that put this moment in my life together ...," he said, trying to get through his long list of people to thank. "Woo! Get it together."

source: people.com