Sunday, November 16, 2014

WATCH: Mojofly's Lougee picks Bamboo in 'Voice PH'


MANILA -- Former Mojofly vocalist Lougee Basabas made it to the team of a fellow rocker, Bamboo Mañalac, after her performance on "The Voice of the Philippines" aired on Sunday.

Basabas, whose band popularized the songs "Mata" and "Tumatakbo," performed Sheryl Crow's "Strong Enough" during the Blind Auditions.

Aside from Mañalac, Coach Apl.de.ap also turned his chair for the former band member but Basabas eventually chose Bamboo, who was her idol growing up.

"'Yung boses mo. It does not need a guitar. It does not need any other instrument. It's that special to me when I hear your voice," Bamboo said.

Basabas's musical journey started when she joined a pop group under composer Ryan Cayabyab before eventually joining Mojofly in the early 2000s.

After Mojofly disbanded, she launched a solo music career and eventually became a music teacher.

Just recently, she was nominated to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Asia's sexiest vegetarian title.

Basabas said she joined "The Voice" because of her passion in music.

"I just have so much passion in what I'm doing and I just want to go to whatever my dreams will take me," she said after her Blind Auditions performance.

Watch the full episode in iWant TV or TFC

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com