Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sexy Coleen Garcia shares secrets to staying fit

MANILA – Want to score a bikini-ready body like Coleen Garcia’s? The “It’s Showtime” host shares some of her secrets to staying fit as she graces the cover of a women’s magazine.

In a behind-the-scenes interview from her cover shoot for Cosmopolitan Philippines, Garcia said she makes an effort to do different exercises every day.


“I try to work out every day whenever I can. Each day is a different workout. There are days when I do purely legs, there are days when I do purely abs, purely arms. But on the days that I don’t get to work out much, I try to squeeze everything in one day,” she said.

“It’s mostly weight training, heavy weights because I enjoy it. I try not to work out on my arms so much because they get big,” she added, laughing. “I don’t want big arms so it’s really mostly toning. Lighter weights for my arms and heavier weights for my legs because that’s what I’m trying to build.”

When asked to talk about her eating habits, Garcia said following a strict diet does not work for her.

“I pretty much eat what I want as long as it’s the right amount. No excessive eating, I just try to hold back a little bit,” she said. “I believe in kind of granting yourself whatever you want as long as you do it with discipline, like you don’t eat too much of it.”

Recalling the time she tried to go on a diet, the “It’s Showtime” host said: “My trainer would give me food, like chicken and everything, and I had to eat it for my protein. So what happens is I end up eating more because apart from that chicken, I would still eat whatever I wanted at the end of the day.”

“So it’s just better to limit yourself. It really helps to know the times when you’re supposed to eat. It’s good to have small, frequent meals every three hours, that’s what my trainer told me. You have to be eating something light every three hours just so your tummy doesn’t get too hungry.”

Early this year, Garcia became a new “fitspiration” for many of her followers on Instagram after she was seen posing in colorful bikinis in Maldives with her boyfriend and fellow “It’s Showtime” host Billy Crawford.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com