Sunday, February 1, 2015

Toni in tears as she thanks Paul


MANILA - Toni Gonzaga became emotional when she thanked her soon-to-be husband Paul Soriano for his patience during their seven-year long relationship.

Admitting that her top priorities have always been God, her family and her work, Gonzaga told Kris Aquino on "The Buzz" on Sunday that she was scared that Soriano might get tired of waiting.

“Nung nagsasalita siya, when he was going to propose sa akin, nag-flashback lahat from day one. I remember there were times na he would tell me, ‘For the past seven years, I was never a priority in your life. It has always been God, your family, your work and me… I’ve accepted that for seven years.’ I always pray to God, sabi ko, ‘Lord kung dadating 'yung time na mapagod na si Paul kasi hindi na niya kaya maghintay, Ikaw na ang bahala,’” she said.

Gonzaga said she feels blessed for Soriano's patience.

“He waited for me. Kaya sabi ko, if I become his wife, hindi na siya number three priority. I will make sure na he will only be my main priority and everything else is secondary na lang. I’d like to thank him for enduring everything, for the patience, for understanding and for honoring my parents, for proving that true love waits,” she said.

Gonzaga said Soriano’s unwavering love for her made her realize that she wants him to be the father of her future children.

“[When he honored my parents], na-realize ko na ito 'yung lalaki na gusto ko maging ama ng mga anak ko. He will be a good father kasi naiintindihan niya 'yung nararamdaman ng tatay ko,” she said.

Gonzaga and Soriano got engaged last January 21. They are planning to tie the knot this year.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com