Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bar topnotcher cites factors for success


MANILA - San Beda Law graduate Irene Mae Alcobilla attributed her topping the 2014 Bar Exams to miracle and hard work.

In an interview on the ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC), Alcobilla – who currently works with the Office of the Solicitor General (OSG) – said: “I feel that it’s a miracle. Maybe I’m just dreaming. I can’t define what I am feeling right now.”

Alcobilla said she did not stop reading her law books after graduation and even after preparing for the Bar exams back in October.

“It was hard. I almost did not sleep during the Bar exams. It was all plain reading,” she said of her success.

She said she did not expect to top the Bar. She registered a score of 85.5%, edging out second placer Christian Drilon of Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU) who got 84.45%.

On her Facebook yesterday, Alcobilla only said: “I declare that tomorrow my dream will come true in Jesus name. Amen. 3.26.15.”

“What I only wanted was to become a Bedan lawyer, to pass the Bar. But while I was reviewing, I said to myself I needed to set standards for myself.”

Alcobilla said she broke the news to her parents via a simple text message: “Top 1”

Alcobilla is one of the 1,126 who passed the 2014 Bar Examinations. This represents 18.82% of the total 5,984 examinees.

The oathtaking of the successful Bar candidates will be on April 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC), according to the SC.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com