Saturday, October 17, 2015

NBA: Aussie big man Bogut suffers broken nose in Warriors win


Golden State center Andrew Bogut suffered a broken nose in the second quarter of the Warriors' 123-101 pre-season victory over Houston and said he expects to miss two games.

Bogut suffered the injury Thursday when the Rockets' K.J. McDaniels attempted a slam dunk and hit Bogut's nose on the follow through after missing the shot.

"Just more pissed off that I got called for the foul because I didn't touch him at all," Bogut said. "My nose hit his fist, called for a foul. This is actually the third time I've been called for a foul when I got my nose broken."

The Warriors took Bogut out of the game and he did not play again, although he stayed on the bench in the second half, finishing with six points, four rebounds, two steals, two assists and two blocked shots in 11 minutes.

[READ: Kobe Bryant exits preseason game with leg injury http://sports.abs-cbn.com/nba/news/2015/10/14/kobe-bryant-exits-preseason-game-leg-injury-5523]

"It's the fourth time I've broken it," Bogut said. "I'll have surgery (Friday) or Saturday morning."

Golden State will next face the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday at San Diego and the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday at Los Angeles. Bogut expects to miss both games but could return with a mask for the final pre-season game next Thursday against the Lakers at Anaheim.

"I'll try to play Thursday with a mask in the final pre-season game," Bogut said. "Then I'll be ready to go."

The Warriors will open the season and unfurl their championship banner on October 27 when they host the New Orleans Pelicans.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com