Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Amy Vachal flips 'Blank Space' on 'Voice US'


MANILA – Filipino-American singer Amy Vachal impressed the judges of “The Voice” on Monday (Tuesday in Manila) when she performed a cover of Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space” using her distinct style of singing.


According to Blake Shelton, Vachal continues to amaze him with the flips she is doing with every song.

“That may be my favorite vocal from you so far. Here’s why: to hear the bottom register of your voice, I’ve never heard it so clear and so loud and with such presence. Great singing,” he told the singer.

Meanwhile, Pharrell Williams, who was Vachal’s former mentor, urged viewers to buy her version of the song on iTunes.

“Amy, the way that you are doing these songs, the way that you’re flipping them, it frames your voice so well,” he said. “I just want to stress to everybody in America that you need to go to iTunes and go buy this song right now.”

While the two coaches had good things to say about Vachal, Adam Levine said he was the proudest of his ward’s performance.

“I think that what you’ve done, to me, the way you’ve won this season is taking your own approach to songs. Because really, we are kinda stuck doing cover songs. You can’t do your own material. Within the perimeters of that, you have completely triumphed and created like this album of different kinds of versions of these songs. To me, that is the artistry that I love, that I am looking for. I am so proud,” he said.

Based on the latest performances of the Top 11, America will decide on which contestant to send home on Tuesday (Wednesday in Manila).

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com