Friday, January 8, 2016

Billy to 'Pa' German Moreno: I love you


Television host-actor Billy Crawford expressed his sadness over the death of German "Kuya Germs" Moreno, the man he considers a father figure.

On his Instagram page, Crawford shared his message for Moreno, who died on Friday morning due to cardiac arrest. He was 82.


"Pa, I don't know where to begin. You've always been there when I needed you the most. You are the most generous, selfless, genuine, caring father/mentor anyone could ever ask for. You're one of the reasons why I'm still in this industry you love oh so much," says Crawford who feels sad that he's not in the country when Moreno passed away.

Crawford and his girlfriend Coleen Garcia are taking their holiday break in Africa.

"I'm sad that I'm not there next to you to say my goodbyes. You will be missed tremendously. We fought, we laughed, we cried, we sang, we danced and we shared the same stage for so many years! And I want to just thank you for teaching me and guiding me through everything. It hurts to see you leave us, but God is right there to make you rest and enjoy eternity with Him. I also pray for your family to be strong and to carry a smile like you always did. You will always be our MASTER SHOWMAN! Most importantly you will always be my father and I will always be your makulit na adopted son! RIP, Pa. I love you," Crawford added.

Crawford got his big break in show business after he became a regular at the now-defunct youth-oriented show "That's Entertainment."

He transferred to ABS-CBN in 2008, much to the dismay of Moreno. The two have since reconciled.

Last year, after suffering a mild stroke, Moreno even greeted Crawford as the latter celebrated his birthday on "Your Face Sounds Familiar."

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com