Monday, January 4, 2016

Condit looking at retirement after loss to Lawler


Former UFC interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit is considering retirement after his last fight at UFC 195 this past weekend.

“The Natural Born Killer” was unable to capture UFC gold after losing to champion Robbie Lawler via a razor-thin split decision verdict. It was a barnburner that many believed Condit should have won.

During the post-fight press conference, a visibly disappointed Condit showed up, where he also announced the possibility of him hanging up his gloves for good.

“I came up short tonight. I don't know,” Condit said. “It was, tonight was kind of a do-or-die moment for my career and I was all in. if I got that strap, I was going to keep fighting.”

“If I didn't, like I didn't, I have to see if I can continue to do this.

Condit did clarify that his decision was mainly driven by his performance on Saturday night.

"It's not really an emotional thing. I'm not dejected. I don't know. I have to evaluate that there's the possibility that was my last one. We'll see."

At 31 years of age, Carlos Condit has been through a good number of wars throughout his almost 16-year professional MMA career. He currently holds a record of 30-9, with 18 victories by knockout.

This story was originally published on the ABS-CBN Sports website.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com