Friday, January 1, 2016

LOOK: Pia Wurtzbach spends New Year's Eve in Times Square


MANILA - "This is beyond exciting."

These were the words of Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach after she spent New Year's Eve at the famed Times Square and celebrated the arrival of 2016 by witnessing the traditional dropping of the crystal ball.

On the official Facebook page of Miss Universe on Friday, the 26-year-old Wurtzbach posted a photo of her in New York. The caption read: "I just watched the ball drop! This is beyond exciting - New Year's [Eve] here is the best!"

In an earlier post, the Filipina-German beauty queen also recalled the year that was. She wrote: "First of all. Thank you, Lord! ...When everything seemed unreachable or impossible, You found a way."

"I trained well and despite all the challenges, everything fell into place and I finally got the crown the whole country has been waiting for for 42 years. It is true. Focus on the ordinary and God will take care of the extraordinary."



She also thanked her team and those who supported her journey to the Miss Universe crown, including her Filipino fans.

"Thank you for cheering and rooting for me. Whether you were a die hard supporter at the Axis Theater in Las Vegas or just a silent supporter watching me from TV, thank you," Wurtzbach continued.

"I've never been more proud to be a Filipina. I'll never forget it. It was a proud yet humbling experience. And now as I continue on with my journey as Miss Universe, I hope I inspired you all. Not just my fellow countrymen but all of you."

"Keep your faith, fight for what you believe in and hold on to your dreams! They do come true! I know I still have much to learn and a huge responsibility ahead of me... So thank you 2015 and bring it on, 2016!"

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com