Friday, June 24, 2016

Emilia Clarke: We never really get over a broken heart

British actress Emilia Clarke has many reasons to smile these days.

"Game of Thrones" remains both a ratings juggernaut and a critical hit, resulting in rumored salary increases for its cast next season.

But more than that, Clarke, 29, is also winning on the big screen. Her romantic-drama, "Me Before You," has been dubbed a certified hit after earning more than $82 million worldwide.

In the film, she plays a cheerful and lovable character who fell in love unexpectedly, and against all odds. And having played someone who had to go through significant emotional pain, Clarke shared how she gets over a broken heart in real life.


"I don't think you ever really do. I think you always keep a part of it with you on some level because you learn from them. You take the dark side of the dart board and then you carry on," she said. "Throw the darts back."

But despite her Hollywood success, Clarke remains close with the people who have helped her from the beginning. "When I went to drama school, I met my dearest best friends who I've still got now... I love them," she said.

After "Me Before You," Clarke will be seen next in the based-on-a-true-story thriller, "Above Suspicion."

Read more on Balitang America.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com