Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Jake Cuenca clarifies rant about local magazines


MANILA – Jake Cuenca clarified that he was not pertaining to any particular celebrity when he ranted about his disappointment over local magazines.

Through a Twitter post three weeks ago, Cuenca questioned the decision of magazines in the Philippines in featuring “people who could sell rather than having people who can actually influence fashion.”

“I don’t want to make it bigger than what it is. That’s my opinion. Take it or leave it. Wala namang personal. Wala lang, I was just looking at magazines tapos ganun ang naging reaction ko,” he said.

Cuenca stressed that he has nothing against Kathryn Bernardo or Daniel Padilla, who appeared on the cover of Yes magazine’s most beautiful stars issue, which came out on the same day he ranted on Twitter.

“I was not mentioning any single actor. I wasn’t going off about actors or celebrities. I was talking about magazines. At the end of the day, alam ba ng mga tao kung gaano kami ka-close ni DJ? Okay kaming dalawa nun. I’m not pertaining to any celebrity,” he said.

Cuenca said he was just “pushing for people to be more creative.”

“Is it so bad for someone to react to something, especially I’m an actor? But like I said, opinion ko lang 'yun,” he said.

Cuenca is currently part of the ABS-CBN daytime series “Ikaw Lang ang Iibigin,” which also stars Kim Chiu, Gerald Anderson and Coleen Garcia.

source: news.abs-cbn.com