Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Schottenheimer leaves Jets, to be replaced by Sparano


Brian Schottenheimer is out after six seasons as the New York Jets' offensive coordinator. The New York Daily News and ESPN report former Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano will be named Wednesday to replace him.

The Jets said Tuesday that Schottenheimer informed management that he would not be back next season.


“After much thought and consideration, I have decided not to return to the New York Jets in 2012,” Schottenheimer said in a statement released by the Jets. “I am very proud of what we have accomplished in the six years I have been here. I am grateful for the relationships that I have with our players and coaches and appreciate the hard work and dedication that went into our success. My family and I would like to thank (head coach) Rex Ryan and the entire Jets organization and wish them continued success. I look forward to the exciting opportunities that lie ahead.”

Ryan said he spoke with Schottenheimer about the decision.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-11/schottenheimer-leaves-jets-to-be-replaced-by-sparano#ixzz1j8c1tQL4