Sunday, June 10, 2012

Roach: Pacquiao-Bradley judges ‘had their eyes closed’


Manny Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach had an easy explanation for his fighter’s split decision loss to Timothy Bradley Sunday.

“I think they had their eyes closed,” Roach said after the fight. “What everyone else saw and what they saw are two different things.”

Roach, who will fly to his induction ceremony in New York a day after the fight, said he remained proud of Pacquiao.

“I thought we won the fight. I’m very proud of Manny. Best fight since Cotto fight.”

Top Rank head Bob Arum, who promotes both fighters, earlier blasted the decision, which he called ‘outrageous’.

“I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said, `I tried hard but I couldn’t beat the guy,” said Arum.

A rematch is tentatively set on November 10 for the two fighters.

source: interaksyon.com