Monday, July 30, 2012

Redskins' Neil Rackers: 'Real football' found in NFC East football


Add another name to the "kickers are better seen and not heard" adage.

Veteran Neil Rackers told CSNWashington.com about signing with the Redskins this offseason, “I like the idea of NFC East football. It’s real football. I think it’s a team that’s got an opportunity to do some special things.”



Rackers, 35, enters his 13th season in the league after kicking for the Bengals, Cardinals and most recently, the Texans.

"I think it’s a team that’s got an opportunity to do some special things," he told CSNWashington.com. "I’ve been on two teams that no one assumed would do anything -- the Texans and Cardinals. The Texans went to the playoffs for the first time and the Cardinals made it to the Super Bowl. I see a lot of similarities between the Redskins and those teams."

He's competing with Graham Gano at Redskins camp for the starting job.

source: aol.sportingnews.com