Thursday, August 2, 2012

Angel Aquino opens up about her dream house


MANILA, Philippines – If money were no object, Angel Aquino would like to have her dream house in a quiet and exclusive subdivision like Valle Verde in Pasig or Greenmeadows in Quezon City.



“I like kasi how the Valle Verde area is located right smack in the middle of the city, but it also feels very exclusive,” said Aquino, whose interior design show on Lifestyle Network, “Interior Motives,” will premiere at 7 p.m. on Saturday, August 4.

“Greenmeadows is also an area that I find can be relaxing and practical. It’s right there,” she added. “Sa Greenhills, feeling ko ang dami-daming tao. Tapos ang traffic, unlike Greenmeadows and Valle Verde.”

Aquino said she would like her dream house to have big windows, open spaces and relaxing colors, quite different from her current home, which she shares with her Nanay and two daughters.

“I’ve realized I like clean, open spaces, so I don’t like a lot of clutter,” she explained. “I think it will be very different from what my house looks now because my house now has a lot of cabinets, ganyan. But I still like it warm and functional.”

Aquino said, however, that her dream house will have to wait for now. “I’ll be working on that. This show ("Interior Motives") is inspiring me to create little by little, put my dream house together,” she said.

Eclectic, busy

So what does Aquino’s real house look like?

“My Nanay and I decided that we’ll have just a clean white home. White interiors, ganyan, it looks like a lot of people are living in it. It’s actually very eclectic, it’s just my Nanay’s and my ideas,” she said.

But she was quick to add that she likes it that way. “You know it’s a house filled with love and laughter by the kids who live with us. You know it’s a place where people live.”

Aquino also shared her daughter’s tastes when it comes to interior design, things that she will consider when she finally gets to build her dream house.

“My eldest likes the classic look, maybe a little romantic. But the younger one, she’s the typical teenager who wants a lot of things in her space. She’s 17. She likes posters, a sound system, a TV, a computer table, all in her room. The other is more laid back,” she said.

Almario sisters

While she wants to build her dream house herself, Aquino said she would be more than happy to get help from the country’s top interior designers, especially since some of them would be part of her show.

She particularly likes the designs of sisters Ivy and Cynthia Almario, who are featured in the first episode of “Interior Motives.”

“Their designs are very elegant and sophisticated, but still very functional. It’s still warm and livable,” she said of the Almario sisters. “Some homes parang ‘di mo pwedeng hawakan pero sa kanila, gusto mong tumira doon, you can move around and be yourself.”

The first season of “Interior Motives,” which contains 10 episodes, will feature other designers such as Budji Layug and Louie Coscolluela.

While they have yet to finish taping for the first season of “Interior Motives,” Aquino hinted that they may soon feature celebrity homes on the show, such as the one owned by actress Judy Ann Santos.

The actress-host also hopes to get a glimpse of the home of former First Lady Imelda Marcos. “If she’d let me in, I would love to see her space,” she said.

On Daphne

Long before Aquino’s stint on “Interior Motives,” her former co-host at “F,” Daphne Oseña-Paez, has made her name as a host of interior design programs.

Aquino admitted that people have been comparing her to Oseña-Paez ever since she accepted the offer to host the Lifestyle Network show, but stressed that their shows are completely different.

Aside from features of different homes and establishments, “Interior Motives” will also include tips as well as a “glossary” of design jargon to accommodate first-timers, she said.

“It’s been coming up,” she said of the comparison. “It’s different because it’s ("Interior Motives") more for people who want to learn more about design and want to apply this in their own lives.”

Aquino maintained that there will be no competition between her and Oseña-Paez as she looks up to her when it comes to hosting.

“I would like to ask her to help me out when it comes to how to better get my message across because it’s all about design and I know she’s mastered that already,” she said.

article source: abs-cbnnews.com