Saturday, November 24, 2012

Meet the latest Revilla to join showbiz


The son of Princess Revilla, daughter of the senior Revilla, Anton recently inked a deal with the talent management arm of Viva Entertainment as one of its contract artists. Anton joins the ranks of the likes of Sarah Geronimo, Anne Curtis and Cristine Reyes.

"It was because of the family legacy. I want to try it. I want to impress my grandfather, my titos and my titas," Anton said at the sidelines of his contract signing.

Among others, Anton's uncle, Sen. Ramon "Bong" Revilla, Jr.; Jolo, the lawmaker's son; and Ramgen, the late son of the senior Revilla with Genelyn Magsaysay have made their mark in local showbiz.

Anton's mom, Princess, was a former actress herself.

"Actually my lolo [encouraged me]. I talked to him and he encouraged me. Sabi niya, 'Okay 'yan. It's a way to attract people,'" the upcoming actor said.

Although being in showbiz seemingly runs in the family, Anton said he has "zero background in acting." Instead, he has been busying himself in following in the footsteps of her grandfather and uncles as public servants.

"I'm the executive assistant of the mayor [in Bacoor, Cavite], and my tito's the mayor," Anton said, referring to Strike Bautista Revilla.

Revealing he has plans of entering politics full time, Anton added, yes, "My tito's grooming me to become a good public servant... Pero mahirap pala 'yung trabaho. Pero kung gusto mo 'yung trabaho, lahat gagawin mo eh."

While he is gearing up for his place in politics, Anton said he is willing to try out the different facets of show business. But he particularly finds confidence in hosting, citing his background in the same as a student in high school (La Salle Greenhills) and college.

"Ang unang gagawin nila sa 'kin, they will groom me first," Anton said of preparations for his "launch" as a showbiz personality. "Aayusin daw 'yung style ko, 'yung buhok ko. Workshops then pictorials, then from there, press conference."

Leading up to his public introduction as the latest Revilla to join showbiz, Anton admitted he feels pressure from carrying his surname. He added, however, that in the face of intrigues, he has a trusty advice from his mom he can always turn to.

"I don't know if I'm going to do good. I don't want to ruin the name. Kasi my lolo built that up eh. Siya 'yung nagpanik ng family name. I hope i can do good here," Anton said.

"My mom told me na it's going to be really hard. Maraming magko-comment sa'yo. Huwag mo nalang pansinsin. Kung ano 'yung totoo, 'yun lang 'yung isipin mo. Huwag ka matakot," he added.

source: abs-cbnnews.com