Saturday, December 1, 2012

Anne Curtis clarifies cancer scare


MANILA, Philippines – While her cancer examination was a cause for alarm for many of her fans, Anne Curtis said the move was an initiative on her part to proactively attend to her health.

"The main reason why I asked to begin with, is you want to be safe 'di ba, especially ako ang dami kong nunal," Curtis told reporters after a press conference held Friday by a fast food chain she endorses.


"So ‘pag lumalaki, wala namang masama kung tanungin mo o ipa-check mo kaagad, especially us na may Asian blood, marami talaga tayong mga nunal," the Kapamilya actress added.

Early this week, Curtis expressed relief over being cleared of cancer. The "It's Showtime" host had sought the counsel of celebrity dermatologist Vicki Belo on the increasing size of her moles.

The prized ABS-CBN star shared, the medical practitioner had also advised her to closely monitor her moles for any possible symptoms of cancer.

"I never really noticed it, because it's part of your body 'di ba? Until one day, napansin ko, parang lumalaki 'yung mga nunal ko, especially on my face, so naging concerned ako," she said.

"Kasi I don't really know about it, but then you hear about moles being cancerous, so I just asked," Curtis added.

In an earlier interview with ABS-CBN News, Belo pointed to Curtis being half-Australian and her skin features as a cause for caution when it comes to the likelihood of having cancerous moles.

"We also live in a tropical country," Curtis said on Friday, "So prone ka to being exposed to the sun, so hindi na masama, at least naklaro. At least alam ko, nalinawan ako."

The "A Secret Affair" star also said she has no plans of surgically removing the moles on her face, even if they have been confirmed to pose no threat to her health.

"Basta hindi siya nagko-cause ng any harm to my health, syempre hindi [ko papatanggal]. I love my moles. That's me, it's part of me. If I have to have them removed, it would break my heart," she said.

source: abs-cbnnews.com