Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Psy teaches Rico Hizon 'Gangnam Style'


SINGAPORE – Singapore-based Filipino broadcaster Rico Hizon got a private lesson from Korean superstar Psy on how to dance his worldwide hit “Gangnam Style” during the singer’s visit to Singapore over the weekend.

The 34-year-old Psy performed at the Marina Bay Sands last Saturday, December 1, as part of his whirlwind tour.



An hour before he took the stage, Psy met with members of the Singapore media, including Hizon, who works for the BBC.

During his one-on-one meeting with the Korean, Hizon said their interview wouldn’t be complete without Psy teaching him how to dance “Gangnam Style” -- and the singer gamely taught the Filipino the basic steps.

In the interview, Psy said his name is actually short for “psycho.”




“What I thought was, I was crazy about music, dancing and performing so that kind of psycho,” he said.

Psy also revealed that he is working on currently working on an album for the international market, which is targeted for release next March.

But the singer admitted that he doesn’t expect his next single to be as big as “Gangnam Style,” which now has more than 850 million hits on the video-sharing site YouTube.

“I can say I’m gonna do my best. But I can not beat ‘Gangnam Style’ that’s for sure That’s one time only. It’s a phenomenon,” he told Hizon.

“Gangnam Style” is actually a track from Psy’s sixth album.

“I’ve done same kind of thing for 12 years, the same kind of song for 12 years, the same kind of dance for 12 years, but all of a sudden this happens. I didn’t do anything on purpose. Honestly, I did not put in any effort to be in the international (stage). It’s so strange, weird,” Psy said in the interview.

source: abs-cbnnews.com