Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Adrien Broner arrested in Miami


MANILA, Philippines – Undefeated American boxer Adrien Broner was arrested by the Miami Dade police last March 18 on battery charges before being released on $1,500 bond.

Broner posted a photo of the arrest report and mug shot on his Instagram account, although the picture has since been deleted.

Boxing Scene cited news reports from Cincinnati saying Broner was "arrested over an altercation at a nightclub called LIV... in Miami Beach.”

The lightweight champion “allegedly bit someone on the forearm as they tried to pull him away from the incident.”

In an interview with RingTV, Broner made light of the incident, even jokingly accusing future opponent Paulie Malignaggi of having him arrested.

“He’s so scared to fight me that he sent some police to arrest me for nothing,” said Broner of Malignaggi, whom he will fight on June 22.

“That’s what happened. Paulie’s so scared to fight me that he sent somebody to arrest me and to put some fake charges on me,” he said. “But it’s all right. I’m out, and I’m counting some money as we speak.”

Meanwhile, Malignaggi told RingTV that Broner showed his immaturity when he publicized his arrest through his social media accounts.

“He’s 23-years-old and he thinks that being the bad (guy) is the cool thing to do,” Malignaggi said, adding that he was also arrested as a 22-year-old but did not make a big deal out of it.

“I hit a cop. I didn’t have no fake(d) battery charge. You can check my record. I got arrested for assaulting an officer, but I didn’t go and broadcast it,” he said.
 
source: abs-cbnnews.com