Friday, May 24, 2013

How 'Bagets' star Jobelle Salvador is faring in US


LAS VEGAS, Nevada – Amid the glitz and glamour of the showbiz world and her academic studies, "Bagets" film series icon Jobelle Salvador has it all. She was the "It" girl of the 80s.

Salvador comes from a respected and prominent showbiz clan in the Philippines.

Now living in Las Vegas, the former "Bagets" star is going through a new turning point in her life. While continuing her career as an actress, she is not only just hitting the scripts. She's hitting the books as a part-time student.

"The adjustment that I'm doing now is yung pagiging estudyante ko. Bumalik ulit ako sa school. I'm taking an aesthetic course and I love it kasi syempre pagdating sa beauty di ba tayong mga babae every single day may demo kami hands-on lahat kami palagi every single day, nagpi-facial ako, nagmamasahe ako, stuff like that nage-enjoy ako," Salvador said.

Salvador's supporting role in "Angelito" as Lina Abella, was her last acting gig in the Philippines.  But she said that she is still open for any acting gigs in the future.

"Nami-miss ko when I look at the pictures during the time I was there, name-miss ko kasi ang saya-saya talaga naming and it makes me want to go back home again. Kaya lang hindi pa pwede talaga. Sa ngayon maga-aral muna ko and saka my daughter is in school here now too," she said.

Salvador once ran for a vice-mayoral post in Makati in 2010. She said that Philippine politics doesn't make her proud as a Filipino.

"For me, nung sumali ako it was a very good experience. Totoo lang, ang dami kong natutuhan sa ngayon sa pulitika sa atin. I was discouraged, syempre, not because I lost. Hindi yun. I've learned a lot," she said.

"As much as I want to say I'm proud to be Filipino, when things like that is happening in the Philippines, I'm not that kind of Filipino anymore because yung mga dayaan alam na natin kung ano yung tama at mali saka kung katangahan na o nag bebenta na tayo ng puri at ng prinsipyo just to get some money pero hindi ko talaga ma-take," she said

Nevertheless, she is proud of her former co-star, Herbert Bautista, who continues to hold his mayoral seat in Quezon City by a landslide victory in the recent 2013 elections.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com