Sunday, June 23, 2013

Marian Rivera reacts to Twitter parody account


Marian admits: 'I can't please everyone'

MANILA – Television actress Marian Rivera does not seem to be bothered anymore that she has an alter ego in the social networking site Twitter.

In an interview with Bianca Gonzalez as published in her The Philippine Star column on Sunday, Rivera admitted she has already heard a lot about her alter ago, who is behind the handle “superstarmarian.”

“She tweets a lot of funny things. If she uses it in a good way, why not?” she said.

Knowing fully well that things could sometimes be rough on Twitter, Rivera shared that even broadcast journalist Mike Enriquez offered to help her in dealing with the parody account.

“Si Kuya Mike tinanong ako, ‘Gusto mo may gawin tayong paraan?’ Sabi ko hindi na,” she said.

For the record, the actress said her only social media account is in the image-sharing site Instagram.

“I really wanted to be on Instagram. I spoke to Ate Reg (Velasquez), but she has a lot of bashers. She told me, ‘It is easy to be on Instagram! If there is something you don’t like you can block it,’” she said.

As of posting, her Instagram account “therealmarian” already has 180,069 followers. That is where the actress lets her supporters take a sneak peek of her life involving her relationship with actor Dingdong Dantes.

Perceived as matary, suplada

Meanwhile, the actress finally reacted to reports that describe her as “mataray” and “suplada.”

“Transparent akong tao eh. Sa showbiz pala hindi pwedeng masyadong transparent,” she said.

Saying she is growing tired of such criticism, Rivera said: “I guess you can’t blame other people for the perception they have of me because of the issues I have been involved in.”

“I can’t please everyone. As long as hindi naman kita binabastos, hindi kita tinatarayan, hindi ako nagpo-power trip sa 'yo. Kung ayaw mo sa 'kin, anong magagawa ko? Luluhod pa ba ako sa yo? No. This is me. What is important is that the people I work with I am able to get along with them,” she added.

As for people who think of her as a rebel, Rivera said: “I don’t know where the impression that I am a rebel came from. I speak harshly because I am from Cavite. All my cousins in Cavite are boys so I guess that is why I am a bit boyish. My lola told me that she would allow me to become an actress. But no one will ever take advantage of you.’”

Rivera was born in Madrid, Spain but her parents separated when she was only two. She and her mother then returned to the Philippines to live in Cavite.

Despite her bashers, Rivera said she sticks to the lesson her family taught her when it comes to being involved in controversies.

“Hindi ganun ang pamilya ko. Lalaban kami, pero hindi to the point na maninira,” she said.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com