Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Giordano taps Richard Yap as first PH endorser


MANILA – “Be Careful with My Heart” star Richard Yap has been tapped as the first-ever local ambassador of the clothing brand Giordano as the brand strives to expand its reach in the country.

Lloyd Lim, Giordano Philippines’ vice president for business development, said Yap “represents the brand very well,” noting the actor’s preference for simple and timeless pieces.

Reacting to comments that Yap may be “a bit too old” to model clothes at 46 years old, Lim said: “It’s not really about the age, it’s about the way he presents himself.”

“And our tagline is ‘world without strangers,’ that has been the philosophy of Giordano. It transcends age, ethnic groups and other borders. We’d like to reach different people and cultures,” he explained.

Yap, for his part, said he is honored to be chosen as Giordano’s first local endorser, sharing that he has been wearing the brand’s clothes since the 1980s.

“I’ve been using their clothes since the 1980s pa, even when Giordano was not yet in the Philippines. My sister, who used to work in Hong Kong, used to buy Giordano for me, ‘yung mga t-shirts. And in fact, I still have those t-shirts now,” he said.

“I’m a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy, especially ‘yung mga polo shirts, and they always have new ones coming in,” he said of the Hong Kong-based retailer. “It’s really timeless, you can have something for every occasion especially now that they have formal wear.”

As part of the tie-up, Yap shared that he has been wearing Giordano pieces on “Be Careful with My Heart” where he plays the role of Richard “Sir Chief” Lim, the husband of Maya (Jodi Sta. Maria).

“I’m using Giordano in the show. All my pants, all my shirts, ‘yung polo shirts, all of them, I’ve been using these in the show,” he said.

Founded in 1981 in Hong Kong, Giordano features apparel and accessories for men, women and children. The brand currently has over 2,600 stores in more than 40 countries.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com