Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Huawei readies P30 series in answer to Samsung's Galaxy S10
MANILA -- China's Huawei said Wednesday it would launch its photography-centered P30 phones in Paris on March 26, a month after rival Samsung unveils its flagship Galaxy S10 line.
Huawei, which is second to Samsung in terms of worldwide sales, said in a Twitter post that "rules were made to be rewritten" with the P30 series.
The Huawei P20 Pro, launched in Paris last year, featured 3 Leica-engineered cameras on the back and a gradient paint job, which have since been adopted by other smartphone makers.
Leaks point to as many as 4 rear cameras on the P30 Pro. The Twitter tease from Huawei showed zoomed in images of Parisian landmarks, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe and the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Up to 5 times artificial intelligence-assisted zoom was one of the main features of the P20 Pro. The Mate 20 Pro, released last October, offered a wide angle mode.
Huawei is scheduled to hold an event at Mobile World Congress in Spain on Feb. 24, where it is tipped to showcase a foldable and 5G-powered handsets.
Shenzhen-based Huawei is also releasing new hardware as it allays concerns over the security of its products. In a rare interview with the BBC, founder Ren Zhengfei said the recent arrest of his daughter and Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou was politically motivated.
source: news.abs-cbn.com
