Showing posts with label Contract. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Contract. Show all posts

Saturday, June 29, 2019

NBA: Warriors to offer Thompson 5-year, $190M max deal - report


The Golden State Warriors are expected to offer All-Star shooting guard Klay Thompson a 5-year, $190 million max contract this Sunday when free agency opens at 6 p.m. ET, according to a report by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

According to ESPN, Thompson and his agent, Greg Lawrence, have said over the past year that the 29-year-old guard would return to Golden State if offered the full 5-year max deal, which appears to be on track, according to league sources.

The 5-time All-Star suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during Game 6 of the NBA Finals, but Wojnarowski reports that the Warriors are committed to keeping Thompson out of free agency as the team transitions into its new San Francisco arena.

Thompson was selected 11th overall by the Warriors in the 2011 draft. In 8 seasons with Golden State, he's averaged 19.5 points and has a 41.9 3-point shooting percentage. Last season he averaged 21.5 points and shot 40.2 percent from behind the arc.

The Warriors have won 3 championships and reached 5 NBA Finals with Thompson.

Also on Friday, Golden State announced multi-year contract extensions for general manager Bob Myers and chief operating officer Rick Welts.

Myers, who has also served as president of basketball operations for 3 years, has served 8 seasons as GM. Welts joined the Warriors organization in Sept. 2011, after spending 9 years in Phoenix Suns' front office.

Earlier this month, the Warriors reached a fifth straight NBA Finals before losing to the Toronto Raptors in Game 6. They won back-to-back titles in 2017-18.

source: news.abs-cbn.com

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Tanaka decides to remain with Yankees


Right-hander Masahiro Tanaka is staying with the New York Yankees.

Tanaka released a statement through the Yankees on Friday that he will remain with the team for the remaining three years of his original contract.

"I have decided to stay with the Yankees for the next three seasons," the Japanese pitcher said in the statement. "It was a simple decision for me as I have truly enjoyed the past four years playing for this organization and for the wonderful fans of New York.

"I'm excited to continue to be a part of this team, and I'm committed to our goal of bringing a World Series Championship back to the Steinbrenner family, the Yankees organization, and the great fans of New York."

Tanaka had until 11:59 p.m. Saturday to opt-out of the seven-year, $155 million contract that he signed with the Yankees in 2017. He will be paid $67 million over the next three seasons.

The 29-year-old Tanaka experienced an inconsistent season by going 13-12 with a 4.74 ERA in 30 starts. He gave up a career-high 35 homers, tied for third in the AL, but also ranked in the top 10 in strikeout per nine innings (9.79), strikeout-to-walk ratio (4.73) and walks per nine innings (2.07).

The Japanese pitcher concluded the regular-season with a 15-strikeout display Sept. 29 against the Toronto Blue Jays and went 2-1 with a 0.90 ERA in three postseason games. He held opponents to a .145 average in those starts.

Since joining the Yankees following a dominant career with Japan's Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles, he is 52-38 with a 3.56 ERA. He sustained a partial tear of his right ulnar collateral ligament in July 2014 but opted against surgery.

source: news.abs-cbn.com

Why Alessandra said 'no' to P2-M liquor endorsement


MANILA -- There's no denying that the phenomenal indie film "Kita Kita" has catapulted its lead star Empoy to the spotlight.

From being a "small time" comedian, Empoy became one of the most in-demand leading men. Just recently, he launched a book entitled "Bakit Nakakakiliti Ang Bigote?" and starred once again in a movie titled "The Barker."

Empoy has also reportedly become popular among advertisers. This was confirmed by his "Kita Kita" leading lady Alessandra De Rossi during an interview on "Tonight Withy Boy Abunda" on Friday.

But while Empoy said yes to many endorsements, De Rossi, on the other hand, had to say no for personal reasons.

According to the actress, she refused a P2-million contract requiring her to promote a liquor brand.

"Nasaktan lang ako noong nakita ko 'yong presyo kasi P2 million pa rin 'yon. Alam ko hindi malaki 'yon, sa ibang artista. Pero kapag nakita niyo naman kung anong klase akong tao, mukha namang kailangan ko 'yon," she said.

As a non-drinker, De Rossi said it would not sound right if she's promoting a product that she does not personally consume.

"Ang alcohol para sa akin, hindi lang siya positive, negative din siya. Marami siyang nabuong tahanan, marami rin siyang nawasak," she added.

De Rossi revealed she also said no to a motel company. "Ayoko nga sa kissing scene tapos nasa motel naman ako. Ano 'yon?" she quipped.

Despite that, she is hopeful that her newest movie "12" will open more doors for her-- and perhaps more endorsement offers.

source: news.abs-cbn.com