Friday, March 28, 2014

Silva nixes dream match vs Roy Jones


MANILA, Philippines – Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva thinks his dream boxing match against former pound-for-pound king Roy Jones Jr. will no longer happen.

Silva said that UFC executives Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta frowned on the suggestion of pitting him against Jones, especially after he got injured while fighting middleweight champion Chris Weidman.

"I don't think this is going to happen. It's not an idea politically well received by Dana and Lorenzo. I'm trying, I always bring that subject but they are irreducible. It would be historical...but this is my dream,” the Brazilian mixed martial arts (MMA) superstar said in Bloody Elbow.

Silva said even Jones is excited to face him but conceded that the fight is a business issue.

Meanwhile, Silva said things are going well regarding his recovery. He sees himself returning to the octagon in 2015.

"In a 0 to 10 scale I'm 9 right now. The doctor said I just can't jump and run. I could fight again this year but because of personal projects I should just come back in 2015," he said.
 
source: www.abs-cbnnews.com