Sunday, October 26, 2014

'Blood Ransom' holds star-studded premiere


MANILA – The stars came out on Saturday night to support the premiere of Anne Curtis’ first international movie, “Blood Ransom.”

Among the celebrities who attended the premiere at the Newport Performing Arts Theater at Resorts World Manila were Ryan Bang, Vhong Navarro, Billy Crawford, Coleen Garcia, , Sam Concepcion, Solenn Heussaff, James Younghusband, Karen Davila and James Reid.

Curtis’ sister Jasmine, their father, as well as the actress’ boyfriend Erwan Heussaff were also there to show their support for the "It's Showtime" host.



In an interview with ABS-CBN News after the screening, Curtis said it was the first time she saw the entire movie.

“It’s quite strange when you don’t realize how long it’s been since you last shot the film. But I’m just so happy that I finally got to see it and it’s finished. We shot it two years ago. We shot it for a month,” she said.

Movie director Francis Dela Torre attributed the movie’s success to Curtis and the diligent staff and crew of “Blood Ransom.”

“It’s wonderful. [Working with Anne was] more than what I expected. I’m not just saying that because everybody is here. I had certain expectations and she far exceeded it. I don’t want to sound cheesy but it was kind of inspiring for me to see her do what she did,” Dela Torre said.

Asked if he would like to work with Curtis in the future again, Dela Torre said: “I hope so. But many things need to happen for that to happen, but personally I absolutely hope so.”

Also present at the premiere was the actress’ co-star Alexander Dreymon. All three are set to leave for Los Angeles this week for the upcoming release of their movie in the United States.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com