Sunday, January 25, 2015

Toni's 'Buzz' absence triggers engagement rumors


MANILA – Toni Gonzaga on Sunday skipped “The Buzz” due to “something very personal” which she refused to disclose.

In a statement read by co-host Kris Aquino during the Sunday showbiz talk show, Gonzaga apologized for not being present even if she when she was supposed to celebrate her birthday in the program.

“I am very sorry. I know it’s my birthday celebration sa 'Buzz.' I’m very sorry but I cannot attend 'The Buzz' this Sunday. I love my 'Buzz' family so you will be the first people to know why. I’m just going through something very personal and I’m really sorry for the short notice,” she said.

While she is also clueless as to why Gonzaga missed the show, Aquino said she does not think the TV host is going through something sad.

“I don’t think she’s sad. Sometimes, something personal is something you like to keep private for a little bit. But she said tayo sa 'Buzz' ang unang makakaalam. Sa pagkakakilala natin kay Toni, she doesn’t like to burden us with problems. The fact na nakalagay doon na ‘I love my Buzz family at dito ko una ipapaalam,’ ang interpretation ko lang ay hindi ito malungkot na balita,” Aquino said.

This then triggered some netizens to speculate that Gonzaga probably got engaged.




For someone as professional as Gonzaga, Aquino said the reason of her absence must really be something major and she is just hoping that she would share happy news when she gets back.

“Ka-text ko siya. Sabi ko, ‘Ikaw talaga naghanda ako ng gifts.’ Sabi niya, ‘Ate pasensya na. Promise next week nandiyan ako. Babawi ako ng bonggang bongga.’ Sabi ko I’m really just hoping na happy news ito. Tapos hindi na siya nag-reply,” Aquino said laughing.

Despite the speculations that her absence on “The Buzz” has caused, Gonzaga has yet to confirm whether she is indeed engaged to film director Paul Soriano, her boyfriend of over seven years.

Earlier on Sunday, Gonzaga was present in the variety show "ASAP" where she also celebrated her 31st birthday.

Her supporters are now waiting if she will also miss the live telecast of "The Voice of the Philippines" on Sunday night.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com