Saturday, November 21, 2015

What Kris Aquino tells critics of 'sunburn joke'


MANILA - Kris Aquino is a survivor.

The 44-year-old Aquino made that clear in an Instagram post, addressed to those criticizing her for joking about the plight of commuters during the height of the 2015 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders' meeting held in Manila.

Late Friday, the television host shared to her more than 2.2 million followers on Instagram that recent events caused her blood pressure to shoot up.

"Good news for all those who can't stand me yet keep reading up on me, [keep]forwarding, [keep] commenting, [and] are affected sa posts ko," she wrote.

And as if proving to critics that she hasn't lost her sense of humor amid all the flak, she quipped that Filipinos may have to deal with her for around four more decades, describing herself as a "masamang damo."

"I was conversing with former president [Fidel] Ramos and asked about his good health and long life the other night, and he said 'matibay ang masamang damo.' So, OMG! Baka I'll be around for 40 [plus] more years?"

"Pero if you really want to get rid of me, pray that Datin Rosmah [Mansor] of Malaysia or [Ho Ching] Lee of Singapore will be successful in matching me [with one] of their countrymen --both said they'd be looking," she added.




Aquino, the youngest daughter of Benigno Aquino Jr. and the late former president Corazon Aquino, then turned sentimental and reminisced about "surviving" the Martial Law years.

"From infancy, I survived seven years and seven months of Martial Law na nakakulong ang Dad namin, I survived having him assassinated, I survived all the coup attempts when literally outside my bedroom window nagbabarilan."

"I survived falling from a 12-foot high stage, I survived being disowned by my family for a wrong choice of the heart, I was blessed with forgiveness and reconciliation with my family, I survived losing our Mom to cancer, I survived losing a big part of my savings and my sons' during my annulment."

"I survive as a single parent raising a child in the autism spectrum as well as an 8 year old who is even more opinionated than me, and I survived all the venom thrown at me on social media throughout the campaign and [President Benigno Aquino III's] presidency."

"But I remain one of our country's top taxpayers, I still endorse and represent so many top brands and institutions, I've donated and built homes, schools, and Churches, and I've given numerous educational assistance to students and seminarians. In other words, I'M GREAT AT SURVIVING, been doing it my whole life."

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com