Thursday, June 23, 2016

Basti Artadi of Wolfgang battles tumor

MANILA - The vocalist of popular Filipino hard rock band Wolfgang who was diagnosed with benign facial nerve tumor has thanked the public for the overwhelming support he has received.

Sebastian "Basti" Artadi, in his personal Facebook page on Tuesday, revealed that he has been battling his medical condition since 2009 and opened up about his fear that the tumor might lead to him being unable to talk and sing.







His post has since garnered thousands of shares and likes on the social media site, and has been picked up by several local news outlets.

"Wow, thank you guys for the overwhelming support, positive vibes, and prayers. I honestly did not anticipate this, as in REALLY. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart," Artadi said.

An online fundraising campaign to raise money for his facial sling operation, which could help him, has raised more than $500 less than a day after it began.


According to Artadi, the donations, as well as the funds he will raise for selling shirts, will be used to support his family while he recovers from the medical procedure.

"I won't be able to gig right away, and I wanted to make sure I have a safety net for my kids during recovery," he admitted.

Artadi, in his crowdfunding page, also addressed the reports claiming that he has brain tumor. "I do NOT have a brain tumor as what's being reported in the news. I have a BENIGN facial nerve tumor that affects the movement of my face."

"Unfortunately, in my line of work, this means a lot. So as mentioned in my previous post, I intend to have the procedure that will help my situation. I've got it planned out, just waiting for the right time to do it," he said.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com