Saturday, January 14, 2012

David Archuleta accepted TV5 deal for love of Pinoy fans

MANILA, Philippines – David Archuleta accepted the TV5 series out of love for his Filipino fans, all of whom, he said, have been very supportive of him through the years.

"Even though I may not be a [professional] actor, I thought this [acting stint] would be a really great new experience to try. Especially in the Philippines because I feel very comfortable with the people and I feel the fans here are very warm," he explained in a recent press conference.

Archuleta arrived Jan. 13 and will be staying in the country for the next three weeks. Already, he is looking forward to having fun here.

“ I always have a blast when I come [here], so [for me], it's always fun when I come to the Philippines," he said.

"I feel comfortable here. The people are very friendly and they're very supportive."

Archuleta, who has visited the country four times already, added that he looks forward to eating sisig, papaitan and tokwa’t baboy again.

Archuleta’s mini-series for TV5 dubbed “Nandito ako,” will have him share screen time with Eula Caballero and Jasmine Curtis both of whom he has already met.

"I look forward to working with them. It's [going] to be a different experience. It will be fun working with people my age," he said.

He does not discount the possibility of falling for either Caballero or Curtis.

"I guess you can never say whom you'll fall in love with. I never say never,” he said.

As for the character his role on the series, Archuleta said it won’t be too much of a stretch as it is "just like him."

He takes comfort that he is not required to learn Filipino for the series.

"Most of the script will be in English. There will be a few words in Tagalog, but it should be easy," he said.

The 21-year old reiterated in the same press conference that his two-year mission as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will push through middle of this year.

"Coming to the Philippines... [the TV5 project] fit my schedule before my departure. I will be leaving in a couple of months, but this is something I want to do before I go," he said.

Archuleta is not at the least worried about the period of time he will be away from the limelight.

"Two years will go really fast, man, it's been four years since ‘American Idol.’ So, two years, it is part of my life, and it's an important decision that I want to do in my life," he said.

He hopes to record enough material to be able to keep releasing songs even in absentia.

"Once I get back to the States, I'm gonna spend as much time as I can to record. So even though I won't be here, hopefully, I will still be here, you know, releasing new songs. I want to make sure I have something for my fans," he promised.

source: mb.com.ph