Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Zsa Zsa says she saw Dolphy on CCTV


MANILA, Philippines -- Only a week after he was finally laid to rest, the late film icon Dolphy made his presence felt to his partner of 23 years, singer-actress Zsa Zsa Padilla.


Padilla said she recently had a "vision" of the late veteran actor, seemingly at her request.

Speaking to ABS-CBN News, the singer said she saw an image of Dolphy when she reviewed the footage of a CCTV camera installed in their home in Marina Bay, Paranaque.

"First week we were home, sabi ko, 'Hindi ako titigil hanggang hindi kita makita.' Ganun ako ng ganun sa CCTV, kasi 10 'yung cameras namin. Ang tagal ah, until finally nag-side view akong ganun, ayon, okay, fine, nakita na kita," she narrated.

"Kahit trying hard, he has a vision. I took a picture of it. You have to try hard to see his profile, but then you see him there," she added.

Comforting presence

Dolphy's seeming presence in their home serves her comfort and calm, Padilla shared.

"It comforts me, whenever I'm home, that every little corner of my home I know that he's been there. Every corner of my house, I can imagine him there. I'm calm now, I feel better," she said.

Padilla, dubbed the country's "Divine Diva," admitted that there are still days when she longs for the company of Dolphy, who succumbed to his illness for six years on June 10.

"There are days -- today it's a little bit harder. I don't know. For some reason, I remember him. Always, pag-gising ko, naalala ko siya, because I always have coffee time with him.

"When I go to a little corner, I always talk to him, so whenever i feel like it, I do. I talk to him when I really miss him. I really miss him," Padilla said.

'I'll Be Seeing You'

In her quiet moments with Dolphy, Padilla said she listens to the song "I'll Be Seeing You," which she dedicates to her long-time partner.

"I was listening to music na I kept playing, 'I'll Be Seeing You.' Actually, song ko para sa kanya 'yun. The words siguro -- because 'I'll be seeing you, I'll be looking at the moon and I'll be seeing you, wherever you go," she said.

Two weeks since Dolphy was laid to rest at the Heritage Park in Taguig, Padilla said she manages to cope by surrounding herself with friends and busying herself with professional engagements.

"Sa lahat naman ng artista 'di ba, that's an old adage. We live by that rule -- 'The show must go on' -- no matter how hard it is. But for somebody like me, actually it's moving forward, so I welcome it," Padilla said.

'Show must go on'

In her first professional engagement since Dolphy's passing, Padilla resumed filming for "I Do Bidoo Bidoo" last Saturday. The company of her co-stars and colleagues serve to lighten her grief, Padilla shared.

"Masaya actually 'pag marami kang kasama, maraming kang kausap eh. Tapos tawag nga sa 'kin ni Eugene (Domingo), para raw akong radyo -- non-stop raw ang bibig ko. Nae-entertain siya sa 'kin," Padilla said.

Joining Padilla and Domingo in the cast of the "I Do" are Ogie Alcasid, Gary Valenciano, Sam Concepcion and Tippy dos Santos.

Directed by Chris Martinez under Straight Shooters Media, the film musical opens on August 29 in theaters nationwide.

article source: abs-cbnnews.com