Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lucy Liu sorry for 'look a little Filipino' quip


MANILA, Philippines – Hollywood actress Lucy Liu has apologized for her comment about looking Filipino on “The Late Night Show with David Letterman” show last week.


In an interview with Ruben Nepales of the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Liu said she never intended to insult Filipinos.

“I am so sorry that my comment was taken out of context, as I would never insult another group or ethnicity,” she said.

On October 11, the Hollywood actress of Chinese descent appeared on Letterman's show to promote her upcoming series “Elementary.”

She also talked about her regular exercise regimen with Letterman.

Asked if she likes running outdoors or indoors, the Hollywood actress of Chinese descent said: “I run in a machine. It's easier for me. Also if I get really dark, I'll start to look a little Filipino, it wouldn't match. If I start getting darker, you know what I mean? I can get really dark if I’m in the sun too much.”

Liu’s statement drew mixed reactions, especially those on social media.

Some said Liu sounded a bit of a racist with her comment while others believe there is nothing wrong with the actress' statement.

article source: abs-cbnnews.com