Thursday, December 6, 2012

Daniel Matsunaga gets busy after heartbreak


MANILA, Philippines – Brazilian-Japanese model Daniel Matsunaga is happy to have his hands full with showbiz commitments following his breakup with actress Heart Evangelista.


In an interview with entertainment website Pep.ph, Matsunaga said he wants to stay positive and happy from now on and he is glad to be able to get back to work.

“Ngayon, masaya na ako and I want to stay this way for a long time. Marami akong trabaho and that is keeping me very busy. My manager wants me to be busy always para hindi raw ako malungkot. Wala raw munang lovelife, which is okay for me,” he said.

Aside from his regular show in another network, Matsunaga recently co-hosted the ABS-CBN morning show “Kris TV” with Kris Aquino.

“I like what I am doing there. Masaya 'yung show. I get to do another thing that I always wanted, which is hosting. I hope to get better as I go along with the show,” he said of his stint at the talk show.

Matsunaga said he also found commedienne Melai Cantiveros very funny.

“Nakakatawa si Melai. She makes me laugh. Sabi kasi ni Kris, we make a good pair. Okay lang because we will be making a lot of people happy naman,” he said.

The model-actor said he is also elated to be part of the Star Cinema movie “Sisteraka,” which is an entry to this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival.

“I play a male supermodel in the movie. Pag-aagawan ako nilang tatlo. It’s a funny movie and I am happy to be part of it. I thought na guest appearance lang, but I had lots of shooting days. It’s my first time to have a movie in the Metro Manila Film Festival and to work with Star Cinema,” he said.

According to Matsunaga, he has decided to focus on his career first because he cannot manage to juggle his showbiz stint and his personal life.

“Been there and done that na, di ba? I learned my lesson that you can’t mix career and a relationship, especially if you are both from the same business. I want to focus on my career now. I like being busy and it’s good for me. I don’t want to be sad anymore. I’ve moved on and, hopefully, 2013 will be a much bigger and better year for me,” he said.

source: abs-cbnnews.com