Monday, January 21, 2013

Daniel Padilla hurt in basketball match


MANILA, Philippines - Young actor Daniel Padilla was hurt during the  third and last match of the "Princess and I" basketball tournament on Sunday night, which required some stitches on his chin.

According to "Umagang Kay Ganda" host Bianca Gonzales,  Laurenti Dyogi, ABS-CBN's head of TV production, has assured that Padilla is fine despite the accident.

"Sa mga fans ni Daniel na nag-aalala sa kanyang kalagayan na  stitched up na ang kanyang baba. Okay naman po si Daniel. Everything is fine so no need to worry," Gonzales said.

Padilla's Team Gino won the royal championship game, 100-94, against Enrique Gil's Team Jao.

During the last minutes of the game, Padilla's chin bled after it was hit by Team Jao's Bobby Ray Parks' elbow.

"Actually I was going out for the shot. He jumped in when I shot the shot," Parks explained. "He dropped to the deck, I came to him and said, 'Yo, I didn't try to do that. I'm sorry.'"

In his official Twitter account, Parks again apologized to Padilla's family and  fans.

"I truly apologize for what happened at the game, didn't mean it and it's a part of the game. To Daniel Padilla, fam, friends, fans, I'm sorry #accident" Parks tweeted.

source: abs-cbnnews.com