Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Jessica Sanchez works with Ne-Yo for single

MANILA, Philippines – “American Idol” Season 11 runner-up Jessica Sanchez has revealed details of her upcoming single, which is slated to be released in the United States this month.

In an interview with "Mornings@ANC" on Wednesday, Sanchez said her newest song is titled “Tonight,” a collaboration with Grammy winner Ne-Yo.

Her fans, however, will have to wait a little longer for her debut album.

“We've been working hard on that album. I've been working on it since the tour and we just finished finalizing it and making it perfect for all the supporters. It's coming out in May and hopefully it will be released around the same time here,” she said.

While viewers of "American Idol" have associated her with ballad and pop during the competition, Sanchez said her single will show more of her youthful side.

“I just wanted to show people that I'm still young and fresh. The single that's coming out featuring Ne-Yo is like a fun clubby dance song,” she said.

The same is true for her 16-track debut album, she said.

“The album consists more of a younger sound, it will be radio-friendly. There are still ballads but I definitely wanted to go for what I always wanted to do -- more radio-friendly, more showing like I'm still 17, just have fun and dance,” she said.

Sanchez is currently in the country for her first solo concert on Valentine’s Day, where she will have fellow “Idol” contest Colton Dixon as her special guest.

The Filipino-American singer said she is already excited to serenade her Filipino fans again.

“Last time I was here, I was with the other Idols and there were endorsements. Now it's more focused on my concert on Valentine's Day at the Smart Araneta and I'm very excited for that. I'm very excited because it's my first solo concert,” she said.

“Definitely I'm nervous but I'm very very excited that I'm doing it here in Manila. It's an honor to perform before my people,” she added.

While she is already living her dream, Sanchez said there are still a lot of things which she wants to achieve.

“The Grammys and everything. There's a lot of big dreams that I want to accomplish,” she said.

source: abs-cbnnews.com