Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bradley calls Pacquiao 'damaged goods'


MANILA, Philippines – Timothy Bradley claimed that Manny Pacquiao was already “damaged goods” before the latter suffered a knockout defeat to Juan Manuel Marquez.

Bradley, who injured both of his ankles while fighting Pacquiao, cited that he beat Pacquiao first before handing the Filipino to Marquez.

“I beat Pacquiao, then Marquez beat Pacquiao in a knockout fashion. But I was the first one to beat him,” the American boxer told Seconds Out.

“Pacquiao was damaged goods.”

Bradley, who is lined up for a title defense against Ruslan Provodnikov in Carson City, California this weekend, was gifted a controversial split decision win over Pacquiao last June.

As a result, he walked away with Pacquiao’s WBO welterweight title.

Six months later, Pacquiao faced Marquez for the fourth time in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The Filipino fighter lost by a sixth-round knockout.

Meanwhile, Bradley is hoping he’ll be chosen as Marquez’s next opponent.

The Mexican fighter is expected to be at ring side to watch Bradley versus Provodnikov.

“I've always want to fight Marquez... I'm gonna prove Saturday night, Provodnikov, he doesn't belong in the ring with me. Marquez will sit there and watch and will want get in the ring with me to prove he's the king,” said the American.

“I've always wanted that match, if it will happen, I don't know. We'll see.”

The Bradley-Provodnikov fight will be aired locally by ABS-CBN Studio 23 on Sunday.

source: abs-cbnnews.com