Saturday, March 16, 2013

La Salle's Gumabao not shutting door on showbiz


La Salle Lady Spiker Michelle Gumabao admitted that she is open to joining show business once she finishes her studies.

Gumabao, daughter of former basketball player and actor Dennis Roldan, said she’ll seriously consider trying out showbiz if there are offers.

“Tingin ko everyone's open to it, I'm personally open to it. I'm not shutting down my door to showbiz,” she said on dzMM’s radio show Sports Talk on Saturday.

“If may offer, I'm going to think about it talaga,” said Gumabao, whose brother Marco stars in ABS-CBN’s teen series "Luv U".

The 5’9” utility spiker is among the well-known figures among the De La Salle Lady Spikers.

She also played a crucial role in the Lady Spikers’ title win over the Ateneo Lady Eagles, winning the Finals MVP trophy in the process.

Gumabao earlier said she still could not decide if she’ll be returning to UAAP next season.

The 20-year-old athlete is taking up BS Marketing Management in De La Salle University and might focus on her academic work in her last school year.

Gumabao said she’ll have the whole summer vacation to think about her future.

“I'm undecided… I’m not sure if I’m gonna play or what I'm gonna do. Vacation would do me good. So ‘yung pahinga namin ngayon, I'll think about it,” she said.

Gumabao is already on her last academic term for La Salle and is due for her thesis and OJT.

“With the time table, mahirap i-balance, for me,” she said earlier in an interview with ANC’s Hardball.

source: abs-cbnnews.com