Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chiz defends relationship with Heart


MANILA – Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero believes he and girlfriend Heart Evanglista will be able to overcome the controversies that currently surround their relationship.

In a statement, Escudero said his relationship with the 28-year-old actress remains strong amid the disapproval of the Evangelista’s parents.

“Maayos at matatag ang samahan at ugnayan namin ni Heart at tinuturing ko lamang ito bilang isang hamon at pagsubok sa relasyon namin kung saan, buo ang pag-asa ko na, ito ay malalampasan namin,” he said.

Escudero reiterated that he does not want to meddle into family matters.

“Hindi po ako showbiz. Hinihiwalay ko po at ‘di ko pinaghahalo ang trabaho ko sa personal kong buhay at lalong hindi ko po pinapayagan na manghimasok ang personal kong buhay sa aking trabaho,” he said.

“Sapat na siguro na sabihin ko muna ngayon na, bagaman ako ay medyo nadadamay, hangga't maaari, ayaw kong manghimasok sa hindi pagkaka-unawaan sa pagitan ng isang anak at kanyang mga magulang,” he said.

Escudero also appealed to the public not to interfere in matters involving Evangelista and her family.

“Sana din ay ‘di ito panghimasukan ng iba upang sa gayon ay manatili ang puwang na magka-unawaan sila,” he said.

On Tuesday, the parents of Evangelista expressed strong objection to her relationship with Escudero, saying they had felt "disrespected" by the lawmaker whom they accused of being "arrogant" and an "alcoholic."

Evangelista’s mom appealed to senator to "cool off" with the actress to give her time to reconsider their relationship, saying they merely want the best for their daughter.

Evangelista, meanwhile, on Monday took to micro-blogging site Twitter to openly express her love for Esudero. She has also appealed to her parents to let her be with the senator, saying she has found happiness.

“It happened to me a long time with Jericho and at that time, I was very young kaya nagparaya ako and I thought it would make my parents happy. I understand that you know, they want the best for me and they are very protective,” she said in an interview with "24 Oras" aired Tuesday.

“Nahihiya lang ako of course kay Chiz and sa family niya kasi wala naman silang ipinakitang masama sa akin. Napakabait nila tapos nagkaroon pa ng mga kasinungalingan, ng mga paninira,” Evangelista said.

“Nahanap ko na ‘yung taong para sa akin, huwag na nila ilayo ang taong mahal ko. Masaya na ako and everybody deserves to be happy,” she said.

However, in a statement she sent The Philippine Star on Wednesday, the actress said she still believes in her family “and the love and respect I have for my parents remain undiminished.”

“We will find a way to fix whatever needs to be fixed, and we shall come out of this stronger and wiser,” she said.

“Everyone deserves to be happy, and I am now at the point in my life where I am very happy. It is my wish and prayer that at this point of my life, my loved ones would be happy for me as well,” she added.

“And for those who may have other plans and who may be plotting to use this incident as an issue in the political campaign, please don’t. It is already a painful episode for me and my loved one as it is, don’t take advantage of the situation for political gain. Thank you,” Evangelista said.

source: abs-cbnnews.com