Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Did Derek Ramsay call Sam Milby gay?


MANILA – Actor Sam Milby said he believes Derek Ramsay, who denied calling the Kapamilya heartthrob “gay.”

In an interview with ABS-CBN News on Wednesday, Milby said he has known Ramsay for a long time and he knows the actor would never make a slur like that.

“Siya ang tumawag sa akin. When he was explaining to me, natuwa ako kasi I know he wouldn’t say anything like that. Derek, I’ve known him for a long time. He knows me, he knows what I am, he knows what I’m not so I know he wouldn’t say anything like that,” he said.

While dismissing the report as a non-issue, Milby said he nonetheless appreciates the fact that Ramsay immediately called him to clear the matter.

“Even if he didn’t call me and I heard about it first, I wouldn’t have believed na he will say something like that. I know Derek. I know Derek is one of those guys who will be there for me. He’s a good friend,” he said.

Asked where he thinks the reports came from, Milby said: “I have no idea. I can’t think of anybody who can say that. Ganun talaga sa showbiz. You have issues that come out. Some of these you just have to laugh at kasi ganun talaga sa showbiz.”

Milby had just arrived in the Philippines on Wednesday after attending the premiere of his movie “Death March” at the Cannes International Film Festival in France.

Reports about Ramsay's alleged gay slur surfaced over the weekend and became a topic on the radio show, "Mismo," hosted by Jobert Sucaldito and Ahwel Paz on DZMM.

According to Sucaldito, a source told him that Ramsay was trying to impress a young actress-singer. When he found out that the girl is close to Milby, Ramsay reportedly asked the girl, "Why Sam? He is gay."

Sucaldito said Ramsay personally texted him to deny the story.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com